Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Birthday...



...to my brother ANDREW!!!!

It isn't often that, as adults, we take the time to thank the people we have in our lives...simply for being a part of them. I guess birthdays are a time for that. My brother and I have not always had the closest of relationships, but it is easy to see that as the years tack onto our lives, we mature and learn that blood is thicker than water and that the bond that siblings share eventually outgrows pettiness and matures into the strongest of friendships. So, now that it is my brother's birthday, I am finally taking the time to thank him. To thank him for being a good son and stepping up to help when help is needed. I am thanking him for being a good uncle...for spoiling Eva and Sam and being the "cool uncle." And I am thanking him for being a brother, who, although we may not speak often, I know he is there for me and my family if the time should ever come. I am proud to be able to call him brother.

So Andrew Devon Hargroves - here's hoping you have an amazing year as a 27 year old!!!

We love and miss you!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment