Saturday, September 10, 2011

And thus it begins...

...the unofficial start to the football season seems to make it's appearance in our house sometime in the middle of the summer. It starts slowly with ESPN being on the TV a little more and "Football Guys" websites always being up on the computer. Then I soon begin to find lists of various football players around the house. Then, I continue to go to bed at a normal time while Drew stays up "studying" for his fantasy football drafts. But, I really know that football has arrived the weekend of the Texas Fantasy Football draft!! Every year, for the last several years (long before I was around) Drew has spent a weekend with the "boys" for the draft in Texas. He missed it last year because the draft was held about 3 weeks after Eva was born. 


This year...Eva and I made the trek to Texas with Drew too. It was Eva's first flight and she was such a trooper! And it was my first time meeting most of the football guys that I have heard so much about. It was a really, really great weekend and I am so happy that Eva got to meet Drew's special friends, who are now mine too! 
Getting excited for my very first plane trip! 
I have my blankie and my pug...what else do I need? 

A little drinky-drink before we board. 

Nothin' like riding the escalator for fun!


A plane ride just isn't the same without a little 'Sky Mall' 

Here we go.....


Hanging out with Brittany!! 
Yes...I am having a spectacular time!

A trip to Texas is not complete without a golf cart ride. 


Madison helping cook some chili...yum!

Madison taking care of Eva for us. 
Breakfast with the boys. The won't look up from the menus because
they have not eaten in the past two days...busy with drafting and all.


Maddison and Emma...I miss those girls!!! So sweet...and great babysitters!



And this was the last picture of the trip! I think it tells it all. Football, fish fry, food and friends (and maybe a little wine too). Does it get better than that?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment