Monday, August 22, 2011

Lucky #31

Yesterday was my birthday...and I was reminded, again, just how lucky I am. 

My birthday celebration actually started on Saturday when we had a Mommy, Daddy and Eva date at the zoo. Then Saturday night we had dinner at my parents house. Yummy! Love a home cooked daddy meal. And of course they spoiled me with a gift card...which will be put towards our new camera. 

My actual birthday started with coffee, a chocolate donut and a really nice walk at Chatfield with Drew, Eva and the pugs. It was so nice to get out in the morning before the heat of the day started up. 

Then we got home, we washed the dogs, put Eva down for a nap and I got ready for a hot date with my bud, Michelle! We both left the kids with their daddies and went to the movies. We saw The Help. I read the book and cried and cried. The movie had much the same affect on me. It was so good and I was so happy that I got to see it with Michelle. Not to mention that she let me eat most of the popcorn because I was so hungry!! 

When I got home, there was a present on the table and a birthday balloon. Drew and I had agreed to NO presents, but I should have known that wouldn't fly. Drew made me a yummy dinner and an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G dessert!! Then I opened my present - the DU Alumni license plate holder that I have been wanting! A DU scarf--super fuzzy and warm (totally looking forward to saying goodbye to this stupid heat and being able to use it) and the promise of a really nice pair of jeans...he wasn't brave enough to pick them out for me!! And for those of you who know me, you know that my jeans are primarily purchased at Old Navy when there is a sale! I can't wait for some really awesome jeans! 

I was also spoiled by my "sisters" in CA - Vern and Catherine! Thanks gals!! 

Anyway...the jest of the weekend is not the gifts or the food or anything else like that! As I hit 31, it dawns on me just how lucky I am. I have an amazing life, amazing family, amazing friends. I truly don't think my life could be any better! 

Thank you to everyone for my birthday wishes and for spoiling me! 

Here are some pics of my fantastic birthday dinner...keep in mind that the pics DO NOT do the food justice! 

Cherry Cheesecake Chocolate Brownies - TO DIE FOR!!!

Bruschetta with bleu cheese and balsamic vinegar. 

Chicken Caesar Salad 

Top it off with a nice glass of Chardonnay


Eva's birthday meal wasn't quite as yummy though. AND she had to go to bed before the brownies were done. Poor kid :) 


Carrots & Peas and Blueberries and Peaches - very healthy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment