Saturday, August 27, 2011

One Happy Little Camper

Some of my favorite memories of a little girl are the family camping trips. I remember the anticipation of leaving, the drive out to the lake that seemed to take 100 years, the feeling as we drove over the dam at Lake McConaughy. I loved it when we would arrive late at night and get camp all set up and have dinner and a fire. I remember not being able to fall asleep because I was so excited to wake up and play in the lake the next day. 

Two weeks ago, we took Eva on her 1st camping trip to the lake and it was so great. She is such a little trooper! As Gramma says, "she is so game for everything!" It was beyond fun playing in the sand, the water, sailing and jet skiing. Not to mention the food! Isn't camping always about the good food you eat that you don't really allow yourself to eat everyday? Eva had such a great time! She is normally such a light sleeper that she will wake up the instant you open her bedroom door. But not while we were camping! She was so tuckered out that she slept thru us climbing into the camper, with the pugs, getting ready for bed and crawling in the bunk! I have never seen that child sleep like that!! 

Here are some photos of the great time we had....
Our own private beach

Sam - Dog --this dog will play fetch until he keels over.

Who said pugs don't swim? They loved it there! (So did old boy Thor) 



Eating a little sand never hurt anyone. 

Eva wasn't too much a fan of the life vest Uncle Andrew gave her...I think she will have to grow into it. 

Just had to include this because it is a good pic...my pretty little girl looking at the sunset over the lake. 

This was a bad moment...when Eva fell off a chair. She was, however, being a little dramatic because this fall was not nearly as bad as the one she took out of the camper, tumbling down 3 metal stairs and hitting her back. Thankfully, she didn't have a bruise to show for it! 

Chillin' in my pjs, eatin' some Cheerios. 

Momma and Eva...look how tired this little girl is! 

Eva on the jet ski with Uncle Andrew...much to her dismay, she was not allowed to take a ride. 

I have never seen such a huge marshmallow! Apparently they make really big ones for camping now. Eva seemed to enjoy them. 

Hanging out with Grampa drinking my milk. 

Playing with sticks are way more fun than the cool beach toys. 

Peek-a-boo....I see you! 
Thanks to Gramma, Grampa and Uncle Andrew...Eva's first trip to the lake was a success. We are already trying to plan the next one! I personally love it out there! I hope someday, Eva has fond memories of our camping trips...just like I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment