Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why do 6 months shots hurt more than 4 month shots?


Poor baby girl had her shots today. Three shots in her little hammies! Poor girl! After the appointment, we went home and Eva slept for 2.5 hours. But when she woke up, fussy, fussy, fussy. Her poor little legs are bruised! This didn't happen last time! Last time, she was just fine...after a couple doses of Tylenol. Not so much today. I gave her a bath and afterwards, when I tried to put lotion on her, she screamed...and I mean SCREAMED when I touched her legs.

Her she is chillin' before her appointment.



Eva had great fun crinkling and ripping up the paper on the examination table. Totally kept her occupied until the mean lady with the needles came in (a.k.a. the really, really nice nurse)!!

I was going to take an after shot, but the poor baby was screaming and had real tears. Drew was holding her and I was doing everything in my power to not grab her right out of his arms. I think he could see that I was in agony waiting to hold my baby and he offered her to me. I just wanted to make her feel better! After several minutes, she calmed right down and fell asleep...just in time to put her in the car seat. And it started all over again! Poor kid!!

She is now sleeping peacefully and I am crossing my fingers that she will feel 100 times better tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. Poor little gal. Did she get something different this time? The flu shot is always a painful one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 4 month shots were definitely the worst for us. 2 month were a piece of cake, and 6 months didn't give us any issues. (This is Craig's sister, by the way)

    ReplyDelete